Follow Us on Twitter

Christina School District And Race to the Top

Last week I posted the following information:
The Christina BOE will be asked to vote on the Memoranda between the State of Delaware and the district. Perhaps you've come to conclusion that I've already decided my vote. I have not. But, I am seeking fair and balanced information and making an effort to share it with you.


The CSD has tentatively scheduled a meeting regarding the Race to the Top for Jan. 6th. More details and confirmation to come so stay tuned.
On Friday I learned that this meeting is very much up in the air.  As of now, it appears that the Board will not convene regarding Race to the Top prior to its regularly scheduled Jan. 12th meetings.

 I have vocalized to my fellow board members my support for some type of public forum to engage all interested constituents regarding this weighty decision and will continue to advocate on behalf of all for a thoughtful and meaningful discussion to occur in advance of the state-mandated Race to the Top deadlines.

Perhaps, I am naive.  But, I believe we must forge ahead together if we are to be able to create and sustain the improvements that our schools need.
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive