Follow Us on Twitter

EPIC! CSD Selfie!

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2015/02/10/christina-must-close-hand-priority-schools-state-says/23172067/

Charter or Close?  Despite the mantra that CSD hums - we are charter-friendly - the question is:  Will they really throw their children to the charter "wolves?" or will they close three schools just to prove the point - it's better to be right and to have failed than to be right and "to have met DOE half way and salvaged some semblance of continuity for the children involved?"

In all fairness, the half way mark was passed, burned, and buried a long  time ago.  I think if you dig deep enough, you'll find it in board member John Young's backyard.

Lots of quotations marks.  You figure out what it means.


Art to Follow!
Category: 9 comments

9 comments:

Nancy Willing said...

BS Elizabeth. How quickly you forget your stand against the administration in order to support the employees.

Elizabeth said...

Nancy, we have a fundamental disagreement. In my eyes, we are way beyond standing against admin to protect employees. We are talking about taking schools away from children because the adults won't budge from their principle. Having now faced a different wrath from DOE through the fight to keep my own children's school open, I have learned something about myself: I don't think that I can ever advocate closing another school again. The hell it puts children through is too cruel.

And even if I could advocate closing a school - what has CSD really gained here? Closure? Charter? or send them to Red Clay where they begin Priority all over again? and where they could ultimately end in charter or closure again?

This months long fight has been for naught. In the end, the teachers may still have to re-apply and/or the children may have lost their only consistent in their communities and their lives - their schools.



Anonymous said...

more likely buried with a dead or near dead charter school or 2.

Anonymous said...

Nancy, you are 100% right.

Anonymous said...

so now go along to get along, meet me halfway, is the new way?

Never seen a more specific recipe for the betrayal of kids in Delaware with the ideologues running the DOE from Woodburn.

Elizabeth said...

John, I ask constructive questions, and you get all personal.

My message is simple - just because the venue may change, doesn't mean you've won.

Anonymous said...

Where is John on here? It would seem you may be paranoid...or incapable of thinking other people like myself may know what you are really up to...

winning and losing have such shifting meanings anymore. Hard to keep track.

elizabeth said...

And just what am I trying to do?

Elizabeth Scheinberg said...

Paranoid? Every day of my life!

And just what am I up to? please share, a little direction might make my existence a bit more palpable!

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive