Follow Us on Twitter

Author's Note: The Long and Curvy Road

Author's Note: Often, when a writer starts preliminary research, he/she already knows the ending of the story to be written.  That hasn't been the case with Au Clair and AdvoServ.  I embarked on this journey thinking I was developing an archive of the abuse that occurred in a series of for-profit schools and organizations entrusted with state and federal funds to provide care and quality of life to those with severe disabilities, especially autism, a developmental disability very close to my heart. I wanted to ensure that Janaia's death was the last to happen in a Delaware Advoserv home and that, even though I didn't know her, I didn't want her death to be in vain and her life buried in that very special way institutional deaths in Delaware are obscured.

And then Kizam! The story takes on a very curvy life of own.  At least 43 times as confusing as it should be.

From this point forward, the posts may take a little longer to put up, the result of what will take hours to verify the data that exists around Ken Mazik and his empire.
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive