Follow Us on Twitter

Back to School Barbeques!


Back to School Barbeques to be Held August 23 and August 25!

Two free family events to welcome students, parents, and staff back to school will be held in August. On Monday, August 23 a Back to School Barbeque will be held at Keene Elementary School from 5:00- 7:30 p.m., and on Wednesday, August 25, a Back to School Barbeque will be held at Bayard Middle School. The events will feature food, activities, raffles, and performances, and will provide information about programs, and resources available at District schools.

Community partners include the City of Wilmington, Bayard PTA, Bear/Glasgow YMCA, Keene PTA, and Delaware State Police Troop II. Both events are free and open to District residents, staff, and their families. Children must be accompanied by an adult family member to attend. For more information, please call Bayard Middle School at 429-4118, or Keene Elementary School at 454-2018.
Category: 4 comments

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Elizabeth,
Is this a new thing? I have had 2 of my kids is the district for 4 years and I have never heard of this. As a matter of fact I doubt I would have heard of this if you didn't post it. If I do I will be happy to say I am wrong.

Elizabeth Scheinberg said...

Joanna,

This is a new set of events for Christina. There was a pilot picnic last year in the city. It was such a success that this year we are having one in each portion of the district. Should be a lot of fun!

Elizabeth

Joanna said...

I apologize. I never heard of it and I assumed the district did a bad job of getting word out. I may take my kids to the one at Keene.

Elizabeth Scheinberg said...

Actually, Joanna, this week the district started pushing out some "start of the school year" dates. That's why I posted this up here. Trying to help spread the word.

Things are changing in Christina, but it's a slow process. Parents and families are high priorities for us. But, Rome wasn't built in a day...

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive