Follow Us on Twitter

Bringing the Blog up to Speed

Jack Markell on Education Via today's News Journal:

"Markell said it is the single most important element to sustaining a healthy economy in Delaware and said his administration has supported initiatives such as giving teachers and administrators more say in how they can best reach students and administering different tests that track student progress throughout the year."

We're waiting, Jack. I first blogged about the replacement assessment on April 14th. It's been five months. Yes, the wheels of beauracracy turn slowly, but this is almost painful! Where's the 2nd DCAS (replacement test for DSTPs) Request for Proposals (open period for companies to bid on the contract)? The first RFP was pulled in July. It's mid-September and still no word ...

Reminder to All:

Tonight, Leasure Elementary School, 7:30 pm, Public School Board Meeting. Will I see you there? Hit the Christina website to access the Agenda for the evening.

Weekly Recap:

I've now officially visited Glagow High School, Pulaski Elementary, and West Park Elementary.
I attended a portion of the Teacher/Superintendent Listening Session at Bancroft last week, where I heard a lot of great ideas regarding engaging students and parents. We have a wealth of resources in our dedicated direct-education staffers who clearly have put their minds to developing new and creative strategies.

Yesterday, I attended the Agenda Prep meeting for tonight's board meeting.

On Thursday, I'll put on my parent hat and attend the Open House and Parent Advisory Committee Meeting at the Brennen School.

Next week quiets down for me, but I will attend the Leasure Open House.

As always, questions, comments, I'm here. You can reach me through the link at the bottom of this or any post.

Thank You!

(Note to readers -- We've been pulling down blog posts to check for accuracy after we learned of an attempt to hack the blog.)
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive