Follow Us on Twitter

Have You Seen Me?

If you've been to the Board website, you haven't. My contact information is posted, but we are still working on a photo.

Where you might have seen/spoken to me during the last two weeks:

1. Porter Rd. Elementary Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
2. Leasure Elementary Open House
3. West Park Elementary Open House
4. Elbert-Palmer Elementary (through human error and divine design)
5. Pulaski Elementary
6. Board Retreat

Where I'll be this week (unless fate once again intervenes):
1. Bayard Elementary for an after school district employee/superintendent listening session
2. West Park Elementary for a meeting with the principal and tour of the school
3. Glasgow High School for a meeting with the principal and tour of the school

(schedule is subject to change)

Dates to Remember:
Next Agenda Prep Meeting is Monday, Sept. 14 at noon. This is always a public meeting.
Next Public Board Meeting is Tuesday, Sept. 15 at Leasure Elementary at 7 pm.

You know where I've been and where I will be, if you have questions/concerns ask me.
When out in our schools, I have been introducing myself to teachers, parents, and students. I've received to responses overwhelmingly:

1. Wow! I've never met/seen a board member in my school before.
2. What's a board member do? (I get this one from our students, when they are brave enough to ask.)

As for the other question, I would hazard to guess that you have seen board members in your schools, you just didn't know who they were. Perhaps they passed you in the hall or office.

What I can speak frankly and clearly about is this: You will see me. I am working on touring all of our schools. And I will come back again, for follow-up visits, to our special events, our PTA meetings, and at any other time, a constituent feels a need to be present in one of our schools.
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive