Follow Us on Twitter

Promises Your School Board Candidates Cannot Make:

Well, they can make them, but I assure you these particular promises will be broken:

1. If you elect me, I will close the charter schools and return the students to (insert name of school district.)
Perhaps I lack creativity, but I cannot find anywhere in the state code/laws/regs that allow traditional school board members the legal authority to strip away the operating rights of charter schools.  Anybody have any ideas?

2. If you elect me, I will shut-down those vocational schools that steal our kids.
Again, traditional school board members have no authority over vocational schools.

3. If you elect me, I will take that Taj Mahal of charter school back from insert name of charter school
This is a particularly difficult promise to keep if  insert name of district  never owned  insert name of charter school.

4. I can teach your CFO a thing or two about School Finance as I am the statewide expert. Just elect me. 
Really? If you know more than the CFO, perhaps you should be applying for his job instead of pandering to a decidedly anti-charter audience.

5. I will make insert name of post-secondary institution pay property and school taxes. 
And this one, this is just bullshit. 

Reality Orientation, anyone?


Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive