Follow Us on Twitter

Excerpts from Pencader Board Member Dawson Public Address

https://eboard.eboardsolutions.com/Meetings/Attachment.aspx?S=190001&AID=4967&MID=287

4 MR. DAWSON: Before I begin my
5 formal remarks, I'd like to confess that I
6 opened the Christiana High School. I was 14
7 when I went there. What the hell has happened?
8 And I hold you all accountable to fix it.
9 That's inexcusable.
  I cannot speak to what had or had
15 not transpired by the previous board, as I did
16 not witness certain things first hand.
17 I will say that one of the previous
18 board members, a CPA, very good friend and
19 fellow Rotarian, shared some background
20 information that I found quite stunning. Lack
21 of financial transparency, as well as financial
22 procedural missteps, with a little arrogance
23 thrown in for good measure, seemed to be the
24 rule of the day of the previous administration.
 I
24 know it appears that, well, here we go again, as

1 the school has not stepped up to its past
2 obligations and potential, with the begging for
3 more time approach yet again.
4 My opinion, I don't think this
5 school has ever had the caliber of
6 administration and people that Mr. McIntosh has
7 assembled. It would be a huge mistake to not
8 give us the opportunity to make Pencader Charter
9 School of Business and Finance the premier
10 charter school in Delaware that we think it can
11 be. Failure is not an option. And my time is
12 up.

1 comments:

Harrie Ellen Minnehan said...

Okay, Mr. Dawson, I see in your resume that the CSD Board is one you haven't been on yet. Get on there and help "fix" Christiana High School.

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive