Follow Us on Twitter

On Marcia Lyles and Freeman Williams

The Newark Post shared an interesting blog entry on Marcia Lyles with their readers today.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/deputy-schools-chancellor-is-picked-for-delaware-job/

Having never met Dr. Lyles, nor having been a part of the hiring process (although I did attend community forums in the capacity of a parent), I am reserving judgement on the existing BOE's choice of Lyles as Superintendent. I am sure the board encountered tremendous challenges in coming to their decision and the magnitude of the choice weighed heavily with them.


I will use my time between now and July when I officially become a Board Member to become as educated as possible on the challenges and successes Dr. Lyles encountered in her journey through public education so that I may better understand her strengths and how her expertise will benefit ALL the children of our district.


I have utmost respect for Dr. Williams, whom I have met personally. Our district has struggled for decades, and Dr. Williams has stalwartly stood with us, even when superintendents used our district as a leap pad for greater positions of power and money. His loyalty and experience are to be commended and I sincerely hope that he stays with us for many more years to come.



Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Word Verification May Be Case Sensitive